Social Marketing Specialist
Job Title: Social Marketing Specialist
Exemption Status: Exempt
The purpose of this job description is to describe the authority, responsibilities, and duties of a Social Marketing Specialist.
The Social Marketing Specialist is selected and placed into the position by the Social Operations Supervisor of the division. This position works under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Plans/schedules/arranges own activities. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems.
The Social Marketing Specialist assists the Social Marketing team with helping both clients and Zimmerman meet their business goals through the use and implementation of social & digital platforms. They are responsible for working with the team to create multiple social programs, creating content and messaging being communicated via Social Media Networks, blogosphere and new digital media platforms, as well as reporting on the success.
The Social Marketing Specialist creates compelling content and is skilled in writing and understands how to engage communities on behalf of the brands. The Social Marketing Specialist works with the team to create the day-to-day social communications for assigned Client(s) and assists with the execution of social programs across multiple platforms and tactics.
- Partner with social team to concept and solve client projects, bringing new thinking to brainstorms, creating concept statements, copy and spontaneous conversations in the social landscape.
- May be responsible for managing paid social media
- Process information supplied by Clients and Client Management Teams in order to translate input into effective tactics and external communications.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Assist with managing influencer and vendor relationships including discovery and campaign activation
- Understanding and assisting with budget tracking and accounts payable
- Work in conjunction with Social Marketing Coordinators to execute social marketing initiatives
- Make content recommendations based on in-market trends and campaign performance.
- Author creative and effective social communications for clients in multiple formats including, but not limited to: social content calendars, social marketing messages, real-time/spontaneous social engagement, blogs, and other digital formats related to social efforts.
- Maintain client brand guidelines and copy standards.
- Deliver grammatically clean and effective copy.
- Self-edit and review/edit copy written by others.
Community Management & Brand Monitoring
- Author and engage in social communications on behalf of assigned Client(s).
- Manage, Monitor and Engage in Social Media/Internet Communities with minute-by-minute participation in conversations that surround content and brand, answer comments, and mediate.
- Proofread all communications and ensure information accuracy.
- Utilize social listening and measurement tools to monitor conversations in the social space
General Client/Account Support
- Assist Social Management team with all process paperwork including, but not limited to: copy documents, documentation of social communications and efforts, IATBs, invoicing and billing, etc.
- Update weekly status report to keep Agency staff/Client(s) up to date on the status of all projects.
- Participate in client calls / meetings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, English, Creative Copywriting, or equivalent, relevant experience
- 3+ years experience working with social platforms including but not limited to: Google+, LinkedIn, Flickr, and other current social media platforms. Advanced proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook/Entourage with the ability to learn new computer systems. Familiarity with Keynote, video shooting and editing is highly preferred
- Must be passionately in tune with latest social media developments, online behaviors, and trends
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
- The ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with people at all levels of an organization
- In the spirit of social marketing, must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, nights and weekends
- Strong command of the written English language
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document