Retail Account Executive
Job Title: Account Executive
Division: Retail Account Services
Exemption Status: Non Exempt
The purpose of this job description is to describe the authority, responsibilities, and duties of the Account Executive of the Retail Division.
The Account Executive is selected and placed into the position by the appropriate Account Director of the Retail Division. This position works under General Direction, providing overview of end result; work is completed unsupervised. Incumbent uses independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks. Plans/schedules/arranges own activities. Has considerable latitude of discretion and judgment within scope of position. Develops solutions to complex problems. Approval necessary when deviating from standard and routine practices or procedures.
Account Executives are responsible for the day-to-day administration of marketing and advertising initiatives for assigned Clients. They are instrumental in the development and implementation of new initiatives and assist in the 360 creation of marketing and advertising plans.
Account Executives are in direct contact with the Client and should maintain the relationship on a daily basis. It is the objective of the Account Executive to secure Client’s confidence as an advertising professional who can support marketing and advertising strategies and initiatives. Account Executives oversee the day to day work of Jr. Account Executives and Account Coordinators.
- The Account Executive assists with multiple projects at one time, ranging from smaller tactical assignments to supporting complex, integrated campaigns ensuring that these projects meet or exceed internal team and Client expectations.
- Account Executives are in direct contact with the Client and are responsible for representing the Agency’s core values while fostering a strong relationship with both Clients and internal teams on a daily basis.
- Coordinates and communicates relevant project information to the team to ensure that the outcome addresses the Client’s business requirements in a way that demonstrates creativity and business logic, in addition to being on time and on budget.
- Keeping the Sr. Account Executive and Account Supervisor updated on both internal and external initiatives on a regular basis
- Lead, organize, activate and control day-to-day Agency processes, bringing a perspective to the development of strategies and the execution of creative and media plans
- Responsible for the ongoing tactical execution of print, broadcast, digital, social and in-store ever-green & promotional campaigns, inclusive of communication with the Client
- Assists in the development of marketing and advertising strategies and plans, including gathering and analyzing client, industry and competitor information.
- Train and provide accurate direction to Account Coordinators & Jr. Account Executives.
- Lead project executions, managing timelines, processing job orders, working collaboratively across Agency departments to meet Client deliverables
- Updates and manages internal and Client facing status reports. Communicates progress and challenges in a timely and succinct way
- Attends relevant internal and Client meetings and proactively contributes to conference reports by compiling notes indicating key points and clear next steps including stakeholders
- Quality Assurance of Client assets for job processing (ad unit specs, copy, images, files, scripts, storyboards, spots, approvals, versioning and legal compliance).
- Proofs all Client facing documents published by the Agency
- Possess/portrays a strong positive, professional attitude at all times and work effectively in a team environment
- Miscellaneous projects, as assigned
- Collaborates with multiple Agency teams (Creative, Media, Traffic, Studio, Social, Digital) to identify deliverables, assess scope, build timelines, define processes and assign stakeholders
- Manage internal and external status documents to track project process
- Troubleshoots tight deadlines and holds others accountable for deliverables
- Communicates progress and challenges in a timely and succinct way
- Open creative jobs inclusive of briefs, mandatory inclusions, budgets, brand tone, campaign objectives and timelines/go live dates. Activate change logs and revisions in a timely and accurate manner
- Assists in planning broadcast and social content shoots with producers, creative and studio teams
- Monitors production timetables and ensures each milestone is met and addressed, keeping Clients and internal teams apprised of process and timeline ramifications.
- Ensures all creative has passed through proper approval and legal channels prior to implementation
- Creates and maintains project budgets and billing documents
Integrated Campaign Development
- Conduct and compile industry and competitive research
- Works with Media Planning and the Account Team in development of monthly, quarterly and annual integrated media plans
- Monitors flight and launch dates for all channels in all markets (Broadcast, Digital, Social, OOH, Print and emerging channels.)
- Manages estimates and billing with Account Coordinator to ensure accuracy and timely invoicing
- Provides nightly updates informing Account Supervisor of top level status of Client deliverables and key initiatives
- Assists with market analysis including, but not limited to: daily sales numbers, weekly competitive analysis, industry trends and integrated campaign performance
- Participates in brainstorming sessions with Strategy & Creative teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant, equivalent experience.
- 2-3+ years experience as an Account Executive or related role in an advertising or marketing agency
- Exposure to Agency & Account Services highly preferred.
- Desire to develop a strong working knowledge of advertising and marketing at a world class Agency spanning Broadcast, Digital, Social, OOH, Print and emerging channels.
- Understanding of the Client’s industry and business. Ability to build relationships and gain trust.
- Keen attention to detail and strong communication skills. Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to develop detailed plans and assist in running team meetings, identify and resolve issues and manage risk
- Working knowledge and excitement of emerging trends and the delivery of 360 marketing solutions within both digital and traditional channels
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook with the ability to learn new software & operating systems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Positive outlook and good interpersonal skills
- A “DO IT NOW” mentality
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.